Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kitchen changes

We have been remodeling our house.  The main project is to turn two bedrooms into one master suite.  However, to do that we had to take out some closets which were adjacent to the kitchen.  So we removed the bi-fold doors and walls and had a cabinet maker build two custom units.  The one on the right is an entertainment center so that I can watch TV while I cook.  I am in the kitchen most of the evening each night and now DH can hang out with me too (and help some).  The unit on the left is a pantry.  It in not real deep, so items do not get buried.  I just love the result.  The cabinet maker did a wonderful job.  We are enjoying our new space very much.

Kitchen before - after wall removal
Kitchen after!

2 comments:

Sue said...

That looks nice-you've created a really useful space! Enjoy!!

M said...

Thanks Sue! We love it.